Do you wonder what you can do to get your local business noticed online?
Google says 97% of consumers search for local businesses online.
It’s important for your business to be listed in local online business directories. The more places your business is listed, the more value your business will get from the Search Engines (call it “internet respect”). Think of it as you are setting your roots in the ground so the tree can become established. When you are “respected” you gain certain advantages over businesses who have not take the time to set up their internet roots. The best part about it is most of the directories are free.
Benefits of listing your business in online local directories:
- It’s Free!
- Get’s local visits to your website, also builds incoming links to your website.
- You build a credibility with search engines by your consistent efforts.
- You build online reputation with feedback. Have customers leave positive reviews of your business.
Most of these services offer added benefits of a paid subscription, but there are many benefits from the free subscriptions that are not to underestimated when properly utilized.
Here are some of the free local directories you can submit your business to:
- Google Local Business: http://www.google.com/local/add
- Yahoo Local Business: http://listings.local.yahoo.com
- Bing Local Business: http://www.bing.com/businessportal/
- Yelp.com: https://biz.yelp.com/claiming
- Merchant Circle: http://www.merchantcircle.com/signup
- Patch: http://www.patch.com/
- YellowPages.com: http://listings.yellowpages.com/
- Best of the Web Local: http://local.botw.org/
- Super Pages: http://www.superpages.com/
- City Search: http://www.citysearch.com/
Notes/ Tips to keep in mind when creating your business directory listings:
- Make sure your information and descriptions remain close to identical from one listing to the next (helps to retain credibility amongst search engines)
- Make your business stand out by explaining the products, message, or talent the world should know about
- Come up with keywords or keyword phrases about your business you think people will search for to find you and include them in your listings description and categories (example: electrician, long island, 24/7 service)
- Provide a comprehensive listing. It is essential to provide all the details about our business to help stand out from the competition (including name, address, phone, website, hours of operation, as well as deals, marketing, photos, etc.)
- Keep the pages up to date and informative in order to remain competitive (the more you update your listings, the better your chances are of standing out and remaining competitive online)
If you are interested in listing your business but just can’t find the time, contact us, we can help.